Sunday, May 20, 2012

The training wheels are off!

     Sean has had zero interest in taking off his training wheels.  He honestly didn't understand why on earth this was something he should be trying to achieve.  Why would you make riding a bike harder when it is perfectly fun doing it the easy way?  I guess when you have no older siblings to look up to, you pave your own path.  I've tried a couple times to take them off, and he always freaks out and wants them back on.  The other day we were particularly bored, so I told him we should put all of his pads on and go try at the church.  As soon as we got there we ran into his friend from kindergarten, Gavin.  He was riding a bigger bike with no training wheels, so I said, "Sean, as soon as you can ride with no training wheels, you can get a big bike like Gavin's."  I honestly thought it would take all summer to do this and then I could get him a new bike for his birthday.  Nope, 30 seconds later he was off and riding like a pro.  Of course he immediately wanted to go to the bike store and get his new bike.  I should have seen this coming.  
     I felt a little bad about taking Randy's only son and teaching him to ride a bike without him, so I told him when Dad came home they could go shopping together.  They went to 3 stores and finally settled on a shiny new blue bike.  Sean literally will do anything with a bribe to go shopping.  I'm going to have to bribe the kid to get excellent grades so that he can have a career to support his little habit.  :)



 I know the pads look a little ridiculous with that tiny bike, but the kid really did wipe out hard a few times.  Those grins would have been tears without them!

1 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Blogger miche said...

NO freaking WAY!!! Seaners -you did it!!! GOOD JOB!!! Aunt Shell, and especially, Uncle David, are so proud of you!! Makes me think I'm going to need to bring the girls' bikes with us this summer so you can all ride together. Can't wait to see your new bike!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home