Las Vegas
Happy Birthday Randy! For Randy's 39th b-day we hopped on a plane for a long weekend in Las Vegas. Vegas is one of those cities that can be amazing or completely lame. I did a lot of planning to try and make the most out of our weekend. I must say that a little planning goes a long way. We had the best time. It was actually one of the best trips we've ever done. The kids are still talking about it, and now Sean recognizes all the signs on the freeway and says, "go that way, I want to go to Las Vegas." We got a suite at the Venetian. It was an amazing hotel, just way to big. We got lost every time we left the room for the first 2 days. The first day we spent shopping and exploring the hotel.
The second day we went to the Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay. Sean was in heaven.
See the video of this below. Totally entertaining. The kids were having so much fun that a couple random adults decided to join them. Technology is amazing.
After the aquarium, we did the only thing there is to do for kids in casinos. Shopping and eating. We came across a store that sold Michael Jackson t-shirts. Sean wanted one of everything in that store.
You would think with over 7000 suites in the casino, the pools would be packed. Nope, we were the only people the pool almost the whole time. It was so fun, and just steps away from our room. We lucked out on that.
It was a pretty amazing pool surrounded on all 4 sides by the hotel. You could only see sky if you looked straight up.
Out of 9 meals, we ate 7 of them in our room. I love hotels with awesome room service. The last thing I want to do on trips is wait with hungry kids for a table and then have them misbehave in front of a lot of people. Room service was perfect for us.
That night we took the kids to Cirque du Soleil. It was unbelievable. Randy and I went on our honeymoon 14 years ago, and it was better than I remember it. We had second row seats and the kids were completely consumed by every amazing act. I have never seen my kids hold still for that long. It's one of those things you have to see to believe. I can't wait for the Michael Jackson tour to come in August. Sean is going to freak out.
The next morning we went on the guided VIP tour through Sigfried and Roy's secret garden. They have the most amazing animals we've ever seen. The white tigers were enormous, and they are all tame. They are walked in on leashes every morning to their exhibits and then taken home at night.
We got to get in the water with the dolphins and pet them. Then the guide took us behind the scenes to see the baby dolphins and everything that goes into caring for them. Again, an amazing experience.
While in the room, Sean and Kate made a game out of turning all the lights off and putting on makeup in the bathroom.
Kate took the soap dish and kept stealing my brushes and lip stick to put in it. I think we're in trouble when she hits about 13.


3 Comments:
Oh Melissa!! What a fun trip :) Loved all the pics! Your kids are so much fun and getting so big :) Love it. Your hotel looked AMAZING! So glad it was a success!
Super great pics Lis! So glad you got a good vacation with no drama and came home happy :)
Wow. Looks like you had a great time. it makes me want to take my kids on vacati.....wait...nope...
Post a Comment
<< Home