Finishing Second Grade
Sean worked so hard this year in second grade. I am so proud of all he accomplished and how much he has grown up. He is such a great kid and really tries his best at everything. It was quite a marathon leading up to the last day of school. He was assigned a huge project to be a part of a living wax museum. He had to read a book of about a famous person, write a report, memorize the report, make a poster, find a costume and then recite his report a million times to anyone that wanted to hear it. It was exhausting!
This was his poster he did all by himself…well, I traced the stars for him, but he did the rest.
In the middle of all of this, I got stuck with teacher appreciation. I actually didn't mind since I LOVED his teacher this year. She is amazing and has helped Sean so much. I would do anything for her. I started by decorating her door. The theme was "If you mustache, our teachers are number one." Totally stupid theme, and there's not much you can do with mustaches except put a mustache on every kid, so that's what I did.
One day, I went to school early and gave the entire class a flower to hand to her on their way in. She absolutely loved it! She had the prettiest bouquet, and it made her day. The kids were so happy to give them to her too.
Back to the living wax museum. I found a George Washington costume for Sean. He is the cutest George I've ever seen. I have to say, I learned more about Washington this year than I have my entire school career and living in Virginia. Way to go second grade.
This is Mrs. Hardy. She was the best teacher Sean could have asked for.
Here's his crazy class. They are the cutest group of kids. I got to know all of them so well this year.
As if I hadn't done enough for the school this year, somehow, I was put in charge of field day. Last year field day was cancelled due to lack of volunteers, so the pressure was on to deliver an awesome day. I spent 6 weeks planning it and I have to say, it turned out great. Apparently they have not had a full fledge field day in quite sometime. The teachers and principal must have thanked me a dozen times. I was nearly dead by the time it was over. Kate and I spent 9 hours out in the blazing sun. I have never been that spent in my entire life. I was able to take about 2 photos of the whole day.
We turned on the sprinklers for the whole school at the end of the day and passed out popsicles. Then we sent all the wet, sticky kids home!
FINALLY the last day of school. I thought it would never come, then I was so sad when it was here. It really was a great year for this kid. They had the whole school come out to the flag pole for the last flag ceremony and sang a song.
Kate is the best photo bomber ever. Good job Sean! I could not be more proud of you. You are the best little boy on the planet.


















2 Comments:
Um can you come and be a fake mom at my kids school. You are a superstar.
Yep, you're pretty awesome Lissie. Too bad summer is almost over. You get to do it all over again in a few weeks! I have to say - you really are an awesome school volunteer. They are lucky to have you.
Post a Comment
<< Home